Playing video games is one of the most common habits that everyone has, especially in their teens. Video games are a great source of fun and entertainment since it allows you to travel and explore extraordinary magical worlds that are full of monsters, magic, and danger lurking in every corner.
To make video games more accessible to everyone, Gamestop has become the number one solution for gamers globally. This retail store sells lots of video games and gaming consoles that will make any gamer content if they create a GameStop account.
However, due to certain reasons, you might want to delete your GameStop account. If you want to do so, but do not know how then continue reading since we will be explaining the steps in detail shortly.
What Is Gamestop?
GameStop is one of the world’s largest retailers of gaming goodies. This includes video games, gaming consoles, gaming merchandise, and lots more. The company was established in 1984 when it was known as Babbage until it changed its name to GameStop in 1994.
The company was a massive success from the 1990s to 2010s. Due to its popularity and sale of products, it was able to expand to other countries like Oceania, Canada, and many countries in Europe.
As of now, the company has more than 4000+ stores globally, with most of them being in the US. The company also owns GameInformer, a video game magazine that also has its own popular Youtube channel. GameInformer posts various content like guides on how to update a Minecraft server, how to turn on RTX Minecraft, and how to change tick speed in Minecraft.
How Does A GameStop Account Work?
GameStop allows its customers to create an account with them to avail many extra premium services.
Opening a GameStop account allows users to get 10 GameStop points for every dollar they have spent buying products from the shop. With these points, members can redeem various goodies, gift hampers, and more commonly, discounts when purchasing products from GameStop, and even know where are Minecraft screenshots saved.
Users can also opt-in for a Prime Membership, which allows them to get 20 points for every dollar spent. Prime members also get exclusive discounts and merchandise when they redeem their points at the store.
How To Delete Gamestop Account?
You want to delete your Gamestop account (because of whatever reasons), but you do not know how to do so, right? This is the main reason for you to even click on this link and read this article.
It is pretty easy to delete your GameStop account by following a few simple steps. There are two primary methods to delete your GameStop account.
The first method is the online method, where you delete your GameStop account by using your email ID and following the process that has been explained below.
The second method is the offline method, where you can delete your GameStop account by calling GameStop Customer Service and following the process that has been explained below.
1. Delete Account Using Email
If you want to delete your GameStop account using your email Id, you need to:
- Go to the webpage of your email ID (Gmail, Yahoo, Rediff, etc.).
- Start composing a new email
- The email ID you need to send this email to is GSContentRequests@gamestop.com
- Type in – Request To Delete My Account – in the subjects section when composing the new mail.
- In the body, being as formal as possible, type in the words in your way, asking GameStop to delete your GameStop account. Also mention for whatever reasons you are deleting it (don’t worry, GameStop will not be judging you). Also, mention your associated email ID and username.
- Send the email.
- Wait for a response. This response can take 2 to 3 days. In the mail that you will receive, you will be given a link. If you press on that link, you will be asked to enter your email ID associated with your GameStop account. After that, it will be deleted.
2. Delete Account By Calling Customer Service
If for some reason you do not have access to your email ID or do not have any internet connection, then do not worry. There is another simple process that requires you to simply call a number to delete your GameStop account.
To do so, just follow these few simple steps:
- Log out from your GameStop account.
- Call the GameStop customer services on this number – 1-800-883-8895.
- Speak with the customer service manager on the other end. Explain why you want to delete your account and also give details like your email ID and user ID.
- You will receive a confirmation mail from GameStop, saying that the process for deleting your account has started. Within two days (48 hours approximately), you will receive another email stating that your GameStop account has been deleted.
GameStop provides various services to users with its user-friendly and professional customer service and a great collection of games and other gaming goodies and merchandise.
Therefore, there might come a time when you would want to delete your GameStop account. Simply follow the two methods we have explained above, where you can delete your account through offline and online means.
Sofia Kelly is a passionate blogger. She loves to share her thoughts, ideas, and experiences with the world through blogging. Sofia Kelly is associated with Content Rally, Tech Trends Pro, Rsl online, Real Wealth Business, Online News Buzz, Top Preference, Big Jar News.